Digital India is a key initiative for the country. In light of the recent attacks, there is increased focus on cyber safety. Recognizing the need to strengthen the cyber security ecosystem in India, and in alignment with the Honorable Prime Minister’s vision for a ‘Digital India‘, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), launched the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana can be entitled as the first public-private enterprise of its kind. This scheme will strengthen the proficiency of the IT industry in cyber security domain. The partners involved in the origination of this scheme include chief IT companies like Intel, Microsoft, Redhat, WIPRO and Dimension Data. The knowledge partners of Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana include NIC, Cert-In, FIDO Alliance, NASSCOM and leading consultancy firms EY and Deloitte.
The chief objective of this scheme is to spread awareness regarding cybercrime as well as developing capability for security measures for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT staff all over the entire government departments.
Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana will be operated on three principles namely education, awareness and enablement. This scheme will comprise a program of awareness on the importance of cybersecurity. The scheme will also include a number of workshops on the best enablement and practices of the officials with cybersecurity health tool kits for the management and mitigation of cyber threats.
Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana will also conduct a number of training programs all over country from time to time. These training programs will be attended by CISOs and technical officials from the central government, state governments and PSBs, UTs, PSUs and defense forces, defense PSUs and technical arms of Army, Navy and Air Force.
CYBER SURAKSHIT BHARAT DEEP DIVE TRAINING
The purpose of the program would be to spread awareness, build capacity as well as enable government departments on steps that need to be taken to create a Cyber Resilient IT set up.
Officers from Central and State/UT Governments and subordinate agencies/PSUs, including public sector Banks and Insurance companies, technical wings of police and security forces
- Designated Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs)
- CTOs and Member of Technical /PMU teams, Officers responsible to observe security of the IT systems in their respective organizations
The objective of the programme is to educate & enable the Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) & broader IT community to address the challenges of cyber security.
- Create awareness on the emerging landscape of cyber threats
- Provide in-depth understanding on key activities, new initiatives, challenges and related solutions
- Applicable frameworks, guidelines & policies related to the subject
- Share best practices to learn from success & failures
- Provide key inputs to take informed decision on Cyber Security related issues in their respective functional area
The 4 days residential regional training programme will be conducted in 5-6 major cities across country. The following areas would also be covered in detail, from the practitioner perspective, by experts from Government and leading Industries in the area.
This programme is funded by MeitY under digital india capacity Building programme and no programme fees will be payable for the target audiences nominated by the government Departments, PSUs, Autonomous bodies
- The Boarding and lodging facility will be provided free of cost
- Following expenses to be borne by the nominating department
- To & fro travel of the participant to the venue to attend the programme
- Applicable DA/per deim allowance for the training duration
Interested candidates may apply online through www.tmis.negd.in. only online nominations will be entertained. The confirmation of participation and details of venue/change in date, if any, will only be communicated to the registered email ID. Please ensure registering using active email id.
CUT OFF DATE FOR CONFIRMATION OF NOMINATIONS: one week prior to the date of programme. For example, the cut off date for programme scheduled on 30 May will be, 22 May 2018, Tuesday of the prior week.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- To register for the programme please create your login on tmis and select the programme to apply
- Comlete your profile once your login is created
- Register for specific programme by clicking on the link
- Considering the limited batch size, please note that only short listed will be communicated with confirmation of their participation in the programme.