Pre-Matric Scholarship to the SC Students studying in classes IX & X
Pre-Matric Scholarship to the SC Students studying in classes IX & X is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and implemented through State Government and UT administration. The Objectives of the scheme are:
- To support parents of SC children for education of their wards studying in classes IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and
- To improve participation of SC children in classes IX and X of the pre-matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
The Scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs i.e. where he is domiciled.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Student should belong to Scheduled Caste.
- His/her Parent/Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum.
- She/he should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship. However benefit of National Means-cum-Merit scholarship scheme of D/o School Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development can be availed by the beneficiaries of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC students.
- She/he should be a regular, full time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she/he would not get scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
ANNUAL PARENTAL/GUARDIAN’S INCOME Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardian’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/- (Rupees two lakh fifty thousand only) per annum.
Rate of Scholarship:
|Scholarship (Rs. p.m.) (for 10 months)||225||525|
|Books and Ad hoc Grant (Rs. p.a.)||750||1000|
How to apply:
The Scheme will be implemented through State Governments/U.T. Administrations. All the State Governments/UT Administrations will, at the appropriate time, suitably publicise the Scheme and invite applications by issuing an advertisement in local language, in the leading newspapers of the State and through their respective websites and other media outfits. The applicant should submit the complete application to the prescribed authority, as mentioned below before the last date prescribed for receipt of applications.
State Govt. would prescribe a suitable application form in the local language and place it on its websites. School authorities will get these forms filled by the eligible students and send them to Block/District level authorities. State Governments/UT Administrations will delegate powers to sanction scholarships under the scheme to appropriate District/Block level authorities/Heads of Institution.