For the last six decades Central Government Health Scheme is providing comprehensive medical care to the Central Government employees and pensioners enrolled under the scheme. In fact CGHS caters to the healthcare needs of eligible beneficiaries covering all four pillars of democratic set up in India namely Legislature, Judiciary, Executive and Press. CGHS is the model Health care facility provider for Central Government employees & Pensioners and is unique of its kind due to the large volume of beneficiary base, and open ended generous approach of providing health care.
CGHS provides health care through following systems of Medicine
- Indian system of medicine
- Siddha and
Facilities available under CGHS
- OPD Treatment including issue of medicines.
- Specialist Consultation at Polyclinic/Govt. Hospitals.
- Indoor Treatment at Government and Empanelled Hospitals.
- Investigations at Government and Empanelled Diagnostic centers.
- Cashless facility available for treatment in empanelled hospitals and diagnostic centers for Pensioners and other identified beneficiaries.
- Reimbursement of expenses for treatment availed in Govt. /Private Hospitals under emergency.
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred for purchase of hearing aids, artificial limbs, appliances etc. as specified.
- Family Welfare, Maternity and Child Health Services.
- Medical consultation and dispensing of medicines in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani and Siddha system of medicines (AYUSH)
Eligibility for Joining CGHS
- All Central Govt. employees drawing their salary from Central Civil Estimates and their dependant family members residing in CGHS covered areas.
- Central Govt. Pensioners/family pensioners receiving pension from central civil estimates and their eligible dependent family members.
- Sitting and Ex-members of Parliament.
- Ex-Governors & Lt. Governors.
- Freedom Fighters.
- Ex-Vice Presidents.
- Sitting and Retired Judges of Supreme Court.
- Retired Judge of High Courts.
- Journalists accredited with PIB (in Delhi).
- Employees and pensioners of certain autonomous/statutory bodies which have been extended CGHS facilities in Delhi.
- Delhi Police Personnel in Delhi only.
- Railway Board employees
- Post and Telegraph Department employees.
Wellness Centre Timings and Registration
CGHS Wellness Centres are open from 7:30 AM to 2 PM on all working days from Monday to Saturday. (except emergency services wherever applicable) with effect from 1/4/2015.
The Wellness Centres remain closed on all Central Govt. holidays. However in case of 3 consecutive holidays occurring together, Wellness Centres will not be closed for more than 2 consecutive days.
Limited Emergency services are available in following 4 WCs only in Delhi
- South Avenue
- North Avenue
- Zakir Hussain Road and
- Kingsway Camp
Timings of WCs with emergency services are as follows:
WC timing 7:30AM to 1:30 PM
Limited Emergency services 1:30PM to 7:30AM
There are also 6 First Aid Posts ( FAP) at following locations in Delhi
- Nirman Bhawan
- Central Secretariat
- Vitthal Bhai Patel House
- Shastri Bhawan
- Narmada House opposite RML Hospital
- Supreme Court and
- Moti Bagh
- The timings of these FAPs is from 9:00 AM to 5 :00 PM
CGHS Covered Cities
CGHS, presently provides Comprehensive Health Care to more than 30 Lakh Beneficiaries in following Cities
- Delhi & NCR
- Plastic Cards
- Supply of Medicines
- Procedure for Referral
- Investigations and Treatment Procedures
- Detailed Checklist for Reimbursement of Medical Claims
- Know Beneficiary Details
- Authorized Local Chemists
- Empanelled Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres and Rates
- Search for Empanelled Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres and CGHS Rates
- Application Forms for Plastic Card
- Application for New Plastic Card
- Application for Renewal of Plastic Card (Serving Employees)
- Application for Renewal of Plastic Card (Pensioners)
- MRC Forms
- Mandate Form for Individuals
- Application for Permission for Procedure
- Cerificate of necessity for Oxygen Concentrator
- Certificate of necessity for CPAP
- Certificate of necessity for BiPAP and Bilevel Ventilatory Support
- Draft for MOA